Two DV+ options for Subaru WRX 2022+ models!
The FA24 engine in the 2022+ WRX now uses an electronically controlled factory diverter in place of the pneumatic bypass valve found on all previous turbo Subaru engines, and GFB has TWO high-performance replacement options!
Both offer the same performance benefits over the factory diverter valve:
- Sharper throttle response
- Faster boost recovery after gearshift or brief throttle lift
- Improved boost holding
- Unrivalled longevity, backed by our Lifetime Warranty
Where they differ is the ease of installation and the price:
- Supplied as a complete unit with an integrated solenoid
- Does not require disassembly of the factory diverter valve
- Can easily be returned to stock
- Choose this valve if you plan to remove your mods before having your car serviced
- RRP $250
- Requires disassembly of the factory diverter valve
- Replaces factory valve mechanism, re-uses the solenoid coil
- There is a possibility that you may not be able to return the diverter valve back to stock after installation. This is due to the risk of damaging the fragile plastic of the factory valve mechanism that is removed to install the T9369 DV+. This does not impact the solenoid or DV+ installation.
- Choose this valve if you don’t plan to return the car to stock!
- RRP $169
Factory electronic diverter valves have been around since 2006 (particularly on European engines), and on the surface it sounds like an advancement in technology, but in reality it’s a step backwards in performance and reliability.
Electronic diverters may react to throttle closures faster than a pneumatic valve, but longevity and boost sealing is an issue because their valve mechanism is made entirely of moulded plastic.
Importantly though, the factory electronic valve cannot open and close progressively – it’s either open or shut, resulting in less than optimum throttle response and drivability.
The patented DV+ design has been proven since 2013, and regardless of which type you choose, it solves ALL the performance and reliability shortcomings of the factory electronic diverter valve.
Click here for our article “Subaru 2022 WRX Features Electronic Diverter Valve”.
The DV+ ensures ultimate boost holding and durability, and the best possible throttle response for your WRX!
Protected by Patents in United States of America, China & Australia, PCT Patents Pending.